For large documents, rich of images, in Word or compatible with it, it is often a problem reducing the size of the document. In particular, it may be necessary when creating e-book epub from Word document in the application Calibre.
The proposed methods, such as double-click on the image and in the dialog box that appears to click Compress, may not give the desired effect.
More crucial way - a change of format, size and quality of document images immediately.
You can not do it using the editor Word.
The proposed method uses the editor WPS Office and the program Fotosizer (http://www.fotosizer.com/).
1. In the editor WPS, open the document and save it as a Web Page Files in HTML format. Obtain the HTML-page and a folder with pictures.
2. In the program Fotosizer add a folder with pictures and change the format to JPG, change the quality and size.
3. Clean out the folder of the HTML-page with pictures and transfer to it the changed JPG-images.
4. In any text editor, open the HTML-code of the page and change the extension .png to the .jpg.
5. Open the HTML-page in the editor WPS and save it as a Single Web Page Files.
6. Close the editor WPS and re-open in it the mht-page. Save the mht-page as a DOC-file.
The size of the received document is reduced significantly.
Now to create EPUB-book from the DOC-document, open the document in the editor WPS and save it as a Web Page Files.
Perform steps 2 and 3.
Open the program Calibre.
Use the Add button to add the book - add a HTML-page.
Use the Edit metadata, enter the book title, author, and add the cover.
Click Convert books and add in the content section levels h1, h2, h3.
Click OK and by the reference Way to get your e-book.